These helpful travel tips were passed on to us from one of our experienced travelers and we thought we’d pass them on to you!
MAKE SURE THAT THE LUGGAGE TAGS THE HANDLER PUTS ON YOUR BAGS AT THE AIRPORT HAVE YOUR FLIGHT SCHEDULE ON IT AND NOT THE ONE FROM THE PERSON WHO CHECKED IN BEFORE YOU!
1. Label your bags. The flimsy self-write labels at the check-in desks are the best, as they’re the ones least likely to get accidentally ripped off by the baggage handling systems.
2. Make sure your bags are recognizable and distinguishable. (Don’t use something common that others might use, too.)
3. Take photos of your bags so they can be uploaded to the missing bag report in case of lost luggage.
4. As a last resort, put a sheet of paper with your contact details, flight and hotel schedule inside the bag. If they open it they’ll finally see whose bag it is and where you can be reached.
5. Pack at least one change of clothes, preferably two, in your carry on so you have something to tide you over for a day or two while they search and hopefully get your bags to you.
6. If there are two or more of you flying together, spread your clothes across all the bags instead of dedicating a bag to each person. If one bag goes astray, everyone will still have something to wear, rather than one person having nothing at all.
If you have any other suggestions along this line, let us know and we’ll add them!